LPSD Hockey Academy
Academics, Athletics & Character Development
For Grades 4-9 Boys and Girls
Registration and Fees
The Academy is open to both male and female student athletes in Grades 4 through 9.
Late applications will be accepted and placed on a waiting list. Successful applicants will be notified late May. Click to access the registration form.
Fees for the current year total $1,950 per child and then $1,750 for each additional sibling enrolled in Hockey Academy. A $400 deposit is required to confirm registration and the remaining balance is to be paid by monthly installments.
We believe sport drives a passion for learning. The LPSD Hockey Academy offers a program that allows students to learn through sport. Students' maximum performance levels are ealized through deliberate practice and effort to create balance in the development of competence and character for academics and athletics.
- Two sessions are "on ice", while the other two are a combination of "dry land" activities and classroom work.
- Time for the Academy will replace instructional time typically received for physical education and health. Curricular outcomes in Health are covered through various Academy activities.
- Students do not miss out on any academic curricular lessons.
- Certified Teachers accompany and support the learning of all students.
- The Academy provides the highest quality of instructors with a low student-to-instructor ratio.
- Students participate in an enhanced Phys Ed program that will challenge the athletes mind and body to adapt to new sports and new challenges.
Hockey Academy Staff
Lance Ward - Hockey Academy Director
Elementary and Middle School Academy Teachers
Position-specific Instruction (forward, defense and goaltending) is provided by qualified Hockey skills coaches.